Another year ends. So much seems to have happened in the past year, doesn’t it? I’m not sure I’m even the same type of person I was last time I wrote a new year’s post.
I’m not normally big on resolutions, but last year I did set myself the following goal:
I’ve resolved to work harder and more efficiently this year, and hopefully become a better person for it. That means no more wasting time sitting in the study area playing video games and bitching about people. If I’m going to achieve anything, I’ve got to strive for it.
So, how did that work out? Well, I certainly put lots of effort in last spring and summer, but then I kind of burnt out at the end of the school year. This year I’ve been nothing short of apathetic a lot of the time.
These past months, I’ve really not been happy with myself, and I haven’t really done anything about that. So I’ve decided that this year, I will make some proper resolutions, and I’ll do my best to stick to them.
- I will not be too critical of other people, or make judgements based on events that are beyond other people’s control.
- I will not wallow in self pity.
- I will not let other people push me around. I can make my own decisions.
- I will think before opening my mouth.
- Statements such as “I don’t think you could ever offend anyone” will be interpreted as compliments, not challenges.
- I will have a part-time job by the end of March, and a full-time job by the end of the year.
- I will not procrastinate. Well, not too much.
- I will take the time to get my head around technology, rather than allowing myself to be mystified by it. I’ve got an A-level in Media Studies, after all!
- I will learn to play the guitar properly.
- I will never allow myself to become narrow minded.
- I will not drink more than I can handle.
- I will never lick a table.
- I will not lose my temper.
- I will revise for my exams. Might help.
- I will get some sleep.
- Most importantly, I will not be a prat.
There, I think that’s everything covered. Now for the hard part – living up to them. That starts now!
…Well, tomorrow. Yeah, I’ll start working on those tomorrow.
I’d like to say a huge thank you to all of my readers.
Special thanks go to sulz, museditions, gentledove, Cat, cjwriter, timethief, Will Rhodes, crazyasuka, raincoaster, bevchen, JRoller online book reviews, theunhappycamper and everyone else who has commented here over the past year. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thank you all so very much!
Happy New Year, everybody!😀