Let me see…
1. Noodle dies in the El Mañana video – but she’s not really dead, because the video was staged. Look, you can see the parachute…
2. Redheads don’t deserve boyfriends, so it’s OK to ruin their dates. Hrmmm.
OK scrap that; let’s try again, seriously this time:
1. Sometimes, simplicity is the most effective tool.
2. However, a balance between performance and narrative is popular.
3. Cuts are a valuable tool.
4. So is synching – and not just lip synching.
5. Not all videos are arty or unusual, but many of the more famous ones are.
That said, the most watched music video on YouTube is “Girlfriend” by Avril Lavigne, which is hardly groundbreaking. In other words, making a decent music video should be a piece of cake. Uh, providing I don’t get too complacent, that is!
I leave you with this masterpiece of a music video. I’m not going to attempt to analyse it, but if you haven’t seen it yet, you HAVE to watch it: “Rabbit in Your Headlights” by UNKLE. Sure, it’s weird, but it’s also sheer freakin’ genius. Trust me, you won’t regret it.